Thanks to a researcher named Jeff Benner, we now can have access to some of the greatest insights ever revealed in scripture. So why not start our exploration with the heart of God?
How can we begin to describe the weighty glory of Love itself?
Written 3000 years ago, the Song of Solomon has more application today and is richer in its insights into the heart and mind of God than when it was first written. The story of two lovers, Solomon and Shulamite, is only an earthly parallel to the grand and epic love story of the infinite yet vulnerable God and humanity.
Solomon, means “peace” and in the Hebrew Shulamite also means “peace” written in the feminine form. These two lovers find peace in one another. They are two halves of one perfect whole.
Before the fall in the Garden of Eden, both man and woman (ish and iysha) were collectively known as Adam. “Male and female He created them…and their name was Adam”(Genesis 5:2). They were considered one. Likewise, Solomon and Shulamite are One.
“For He is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us”(Ephesians 2:14)
So who is this He, this Solomon who is our peace?
It is an omnipotent King who had all power and glory in His possession, yet willingly humbled Himself to give up His kingdom and to yield up His Life in order to be reconciled to the one He loves. The adoration and affection that He once received in His cherished home, He has forsaken in order to pursue a bride.
The love of God, the Majestic King, has been revealed as One who so loved His earthly companions that He would forever be changed, scarred in His battle with death in order to redeem us from our captor the grave. He has been forever woven into the fiber of humanity–subjected to the needs of a man.
Such is the love of God who has joined Himself to us with inseparable bonds of compassion! Such is the wonder of Love Who has now created a need for human companionship. Carved out in empathies and desire, He has willfully submitted Himself to be vulnerable in heart to the fidelity and affections of mankind who is now privileged to be called His betrothed.
Hebrew is a very earthy language. This process of reconciliation between God and His Beloved is so intimate that one had to be 30 years old just to read it! As a result, in attempts for modesty, English translators have left pieces of the Song of Solomon untranslated. All the books of the bible are holy, but the Song of Solomon is considered the Holiest of Holy because it reveals the naked heart of a selfless and innocent God.
So join us as we continue to reveal the greatest insights ever known to man…
Check out our “DISCUSS” page to engage with us these topics.
Statement of faith:
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and perfectly expresses the mind and will of our Creator.
2. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are each Divine and make up the united Godhead.
3. Christ is the center focal point of interpretation in Christian Theology.
4. The ten commandments are the very transcript of God’s own unchanging character and define sin as transgression of God’s law.
5. Humanity is under the guilt of Adam’s sin and is bore witness to by acts of personal transgression of the law.
6. Man cannot atone for his sin by his law-keeping but by the law keeping of a Substitute and Surety. Namely, Jesus Christ the Son of God and Creator. This is the righteousness of God imputed to the believer who casts their helpless soul upon their Righteous Substitute, who alone has immortality. (1 Tim 6:16) So. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1Jo 5:12 “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” – Jhn 3:36
7. The New Covenant is the promise of the law of God to be written on the fleshy tablets of the heart (Heb 8:8-12) . First as down payment of their inheritance in the Person of the Holy Spirit, indwelling the believer and writing the law on the inward man as a testimony of their inheritance and a fitness to live before angels and the unveiled face of a Holy God. Ultimately the law is written upon the inward nature of the new body given at the resurrection of the saints at the return of Christ. This body will not have inbred sin. And will have holy impulses unbridled by the sinful nature. This body is the gift of the body of Christ as a heavenly tabernacle to dwell in.
8. Obedience to the law of God is a demonstration of the indwelling life of Christ and the 1st fruits of the crown of righteousness but can never be offered for an atonement, for it would constitute the offering of Cain and ‘mark’ man for the treason of ‘creator merit’ before the heavenly courts. Man’s obedience, even if brought about by the indwelling Christ, passes through the corrupt channels of fallen humanity and is so defiled that unless purified by the blood of Christ, being officiated in the Heavenly Temple by Christ, our High Priest, it is of no value to the Infinite Standard of God and His law.
9. The Gospel Commission is to go to all the earth preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and is a call to be joint-heirs with Christ by coming to Christ as the sinner’s refuge and hiding place, Substitute and Surety. In Christ abides all the promises of God and in Him is our election as ‘sons and daughters of God’.
10. The entire population of earth’s last generation will be personally visited by the eminent, visible and epic return of Christ in the air as the sky opens as a scroll. This event will be the end of this age and the destruction of this present world by the brightness of His coming. The translation of those living and the resurrection of the sleeping dead will be caught up with Christ in the promise. “I go and prepare a place for you and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. – Jhn 14:3.
11. The world is destroyed and at rest for a thousand years and Satan is bound to this darkened chaos,”He (Christ, the Strong Man) laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years-” Rev 20:2 “I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light… I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled… For thus says the LORD: “The whole land shall be desolate; Yet I will not make a full end.” – Jer 4:23, 25, 27
12. The judgment of Satan, the fallen angels and the entire host of the wicked from the beginning of time will be after the 1000 years is finished, “Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog (head and tail), to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.” – Rev 20:7-9 14 “This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.” – Rev 20:15,14
13. Satan and his followers (God and Magog) will be burned to ashes, “You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. – Eze 28:18 3 You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this,” Says the LORD of hosts. – Mal 4:3
14. Satan, the fallen angels and every human who did not accept the gift of Life in Christ will be perish, “the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. – Psa 37:10 ‘I will make you a terror, and you shall be no more; though you are sought for, you will never be found again,’ says the Lord GOD.” – Eze 26:21 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever.” ‘ ” – Eze 28:19 NKJV
15. Then God creates “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.” “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” – Rev 21:1-5 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever. – Rev 22:1-5
16. ‘Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart. – Jer 24:7 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. – Jer 31:33 My tabernacle also shall be with them; indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people. – Eze 37:27 I will bring them back, And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people And I will be their God, In truth and righteousness.’ – Zec 8:8 The LORD their God will save them in that day, As the flock of His people. For they shall be like the jewels of a crown, Lifted like a banner over His land– – Zec 9:16 NKJV